Homeless Healthcare has been actively involved in public health advocacy and efforts to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19 among people experiencing homelessness in WA. This has included:
- Letter to the Editor of the Medical Journal of Australia on the difficulties of adhering to COVID-19 precautions if you are homeless https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2020/212/8/covid-19-precautions-easier-said-done-when-patients-are-homeless-0
- Information sheet for people experiencing homeless, including information about symptoms and ways of reducing risk if rough sleeping.
- a COVID-19 harm minimisation information sheet for people using drugs and alcohol.
- was a key partner in the pilot of the Hotels with Heart project, providing medical care to those accommodated in hotels
- the paper People experiencing homelessness urgently need to be recognised as a high risk group for COVID‐19
Craig Cumming Lisa Wood Andrew Davies